Desktop Support Specialist
HQ, Lyndhurst, NJ
At Sapphire Digital, we believe in a world where health care consumers empowered with the right information at the right moment will become the best healthcare consumers for themselves, their health plans, and their providers. Sapphire Digital is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist responsible for managing the user environment consisting of a mix of Windows laptops and desktops, as well as Mac OS laptops. This is a great opportunity to learn all areas of IT and grow your skills! This is a temporary, 3-month opportunity. This is an in office position, Monday-Wednesday, 9am-5pm.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing the user environment such as completing help desk tickets, troubleshooting, supporting, and managing Windows operating systems, Mac OS laptops, iOS devices, RFID door system, and printers for both remote and on-site.
- Mobile device management and setup (Meraki Systems Manager).
- Manage video conferencing and virtual phones (Zoom).
- Setting up new hire equipment and training new employees on proper use of equipment in accordance with company policies.
- Shipping equipment to employees prior to their first day. Packages include laptop and/or cell phone, monitor(s), keyboard, mouse, hotspot, video adapters, etc.
- Remote installations for general and advanced software.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 1 to 2 years' technical related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e., internship).
- Strong knowledge of IT ticketing systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications for Business, command line, Apple Business Manager, Apple Device Enrollment Program, Atlassian Suite, and SnipeIt, and VPN software.
- Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- A+ Certification, Windows training, and/or Apple training preferred.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and organize shipments.
- Self motivation and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and follow up.
EOE Committed to Diversity