Quality Assurance Engineer
Sapphire Digital is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests in order to ensure product quality. In this role you will be embedded in a client delivery team to estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities, ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. Problem solving skills are very important to the success of this role, as you often will be on the front line to troubleshoot defects. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Sapphire Digital growing suite of products and services.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Assuring product quality through the development of manual or automated test scripts. This effort should maximize ROI while minimizing quality risks. Output consistent with department's guidelines
- Assuring process quality and consistency through development or adherence to guidelines and standards appropriate to product and industry and/or development life cycle
- Executing all assigned testing, whether manual or automated, according to schedule and any productivity targets committed
- Supporting root cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress; communicate the plans and results effectively to drive change. Collect and analyze data and other findings, according to plans
- Contributing to reports that are clear, effective, insightful, and traceable whether for defects discovered during test or non-compliance issues found during a process review or audit. Utilize existing tracking systems, report mechanisms agreed with conventions, and metrics when preparing and providing such reports
- Escalating concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way
- Participating in improvement initiatives. Aid in development of Quality Assurance plans or Test Plans and embed appropriate activities as part of project/product development plans
- Objectively evaluating processes and products against applicable standards, and procedures
- Monitoring customer feedback
- Monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
- Participating in defect reviews or other project efforts, providing clear status when needed
- Building positive and effective relationships with individuals both internal and external to the organization.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of strong testing experience including manual tools and test processes with strong experience in test strategy, test case/plan/script creation, execution, and maintenance.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- BA degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Prior experience working in a professional software development team
- Experience in web-based multi-tiered development environment
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Stack of Tools and Technologies
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Track record of delivering quality software testing on time in collaboration with others
- Experience testing native mobile applications a plus
- White Box and Black Box testing experience
- Strong technical aptitude. Must be able to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Understands risk-based testing approach
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize test data and metrics, and communicate the results to the project team, stakeholders, and management
- Design and development of the detailed testing plan(s) and then integrate them with the project schedule
- Healthcare industry knowledge highly desirable.
- Works on own initiative, on assigned deliverables, and in a consultative approach, providing regular updates to manager and project manager to ensure that the delivery of projects are on time, on budget and of the highest quality and consistency
- Eager to take on and perform in an environment with aggressive time frames with high pressure
- Experience in test automation frameworks a plus.
- Experience with Angular & Rails a plus.
- Experience with Git a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Committed to Diversity