User Experience Designer
New York, NY
Sapphire Digital is looking for a Visual/Interactive Designer to join our growing New York City team. This position is currently operating remotely but will be base in out of our NYC office.
User Experience Designers at Sapphire are research-led and focus on the definition, specification and implementation of human-centered design solutions. The User Experience Designer is responsible for gathering and understanding requirements and translating/ developing all UX documentation (site maps, user flow diagrams, transaction flows, sketches, use case scenarios, wireframes, navigation models) for digital experiences across multiple channels (web, mobile, tablet, social). With an eye towards hardware, software and the integration of the two, User Experience Designers are driven to bring magic to the consumer touchpoints enabled by Sapphire’s Provider Directory and Cost Transparency Platform.
User Experience Designers at Sapphire operate in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. These designers excel at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to each design engagement. They also have a high degree of comfort experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies and agile development methodologies are a must.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a lead experience architect.
- Consulting with clients and lead experience architect.
- Researching interaction design trends.
- Researching technology trends.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of design tools including Omnigraffle, InDesign, Axure as well as the MS Office Suite and other prototyping tools.
- Proven ability to execute on UX of complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems.
- Proven experience creating innovative experience across web, mobile, tablet, and social channels.
- Demonstrated experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions.
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a user experience designer, information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field.
EOE Committed to Diversity