Technical Product Director
New York, NY
Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
We are seeking a passionate, and results-driven Technical Product Director who will work with and inspire our product teams and clients. This individual will have a technology/software engineering background with experience of SaaS, client interaction, and healthcare. The role will be to develop a deep understanding of the CareSelect and SmartShopper platforms, be the client and internal liaison point to represent product teams, and contribute to product development and prioritization.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Being the internal point of contact and subject matter expert to discuss client queries and requests
- Collaborating with client facing Account Managers and key stakeholders to help co-ordinate product requests and backlog prioritization
- Determining client request feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, and requirements, for optimal solution development and proposals
- Collaborating with Product Director, Product, Engineering and Technical Implementation teams to determine feasibility of solutions and options
- Collaborating with Product and Design teams to evaluate and provide solutions with optimal user experience
- Partnering with clients to understand immediate product development needs and their enterprise priorities for longer term product development
- Informing Product Teams of client discussions, competitive landscape, and input into Product Leadership Roadmaps. Be able to discuss potential new initiatives in the context of revenue opportunity.
- Understanding and providing input into the product planning process to help prioritize and optimize development resources
- Contributing to new business RFP’s as needed.
- Working with internal resources to determine recommend pricing and timing for out-of-scope client requests
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience leading product development teams to design and deliver successful, scaleable platforms and product
- Software engineer background preferable
- Enterprise SaaS, B2B, and/or B2B2C experience preferred
- Sufficient technical aptitude to work effectively with Technology partners
- Experience managing implementations with third parties, partners and suppliers
- Experience with API platforms and tools (i.e. API gateways) is preferred
- 5+ years agile development experience
- Demonstrated client interface experience
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up/entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Excellent analytic, strategic, conceptual, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Strong technical competence with previous experience engaging in and working with technical products, platforms and trends
- Experience prioritizing, multi-tasking, and performing effectively under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in healthcare a plus