Site Reliability Engineer
New York, NY
Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
Sapphire Digital is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to expand our Engineering team. This role can be located in NY, NJ or OK. We follow an Agile methodology in small software teams to consistently deliver high-quality software. Our stack includes Ruby, Rails, Angular, TypeScript, Node, Rabbit, Solr, Postgres, Redis, Puppet, and Hubot. Our infrastructure is declared as code and provisioned on AWS. We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, mentorship and career guidance, remote-friendly workspace, unlimited vacation time and continuing education support (conferences, books, online resources).
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Triaging and troubleshooting production issues related to our CareSelect product.
- Researching and implementing ways to automate the management of our infrastructure and toil.
- Supporting deployments across our growing development, UAT, and production environments.
- Building out uptime, latency, and error monitoring for the CareSelect stack.
- Providing blameless postmortems for incidents.
- Taking part in on-call rotation for production support.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2-4 years of software development experience.
- Experience supporting Linux systems hosted in a cloud environment - We’re using AWS (specifically EC2, CloudFormation, RDS, ElasticCache, and S3, to name a few).
- Experience with web programming languages (Ruby on Rails a definite plus).
- Familiarity with using Puppet.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong desire to understand complex systems and how to make them highly available.
- A collaborative spirit and you enjoy working with a team to build things.
- A desire to continually improve and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.