HQ, Lyndhurst, NJ
Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
Sapphire Digital seeks a dynamic and driven mid-level Data Engineer to join our growing New Jersey team who will be responsible for operating and enhancing the performance and functionality of existing data management systems, as well as participating in the design and delivery of new database solutions.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing data activities such as data requirements gathering, data analysis/modelling, and data issues resolution using standard approved technology
- Managing standardization, migration, transformation, validation, and quality assurance of data within multi-database platforms
- Leveraging internal and external ETL tools for data processing and publishing Identifies and maintains company databases, including data sources, data structures, data organization, and data optimization
- Identifying complex issues proactively and is responsible to see them through resolution, including identifying trends through data analysis and manipulation
- Specific client data life-cycles from discovery to implementation to maintenance
- Formulating and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
- Responding to production defects and relays information back to the Operations Manager to communicate to clients
- Contributing in all phases of the data and software development lifecycle when needed
- Creating and maintaining code through GitHub repository for change control
- Supporting off hours data processing and emergency requests as needed
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, database design, optimization, and tuning
- 5+ years of experience with Postgresql
- 4+ years of experience using Github
- 4+ years of experience in Shell Scripting and one other object oriented language such as Python, or PhP.
- 3+ years of experience in continuous integration and development methodologies tools such as Jenkins
- 5+ years of experience in an Agile development environment
- Time management skills
- Programming skills particularly SQL, Shell Scripting, and Python