Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Software Engineer who will be responsible for contributing and collaborating her/his work with the engineering team while completing in timely matter tasks, investigations and resolution of issues and analysis of complex issues. She/he will partners with business/product owners to help define the engineering work necessary to complete high-value features and initiatives. Will participate in the exploration and evaluation of new technologies and processes.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Supporting software programming initiatives within an Agile team environment
- Supporting and enhance current systems
- Participating in Pull Request process for peer code review
- Contributing to code deployments
- Prototype/exploring new technology and articulate business value
- Debugging and optimize code
- Supporting the development of documentation
- Participating in the software development lifecycle
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university
- 2 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work as part of a collaborative agile team
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming using C# or VB.NET
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and concepts: C#, ASP.NET, .NET (Framework & Core), Amazon Web Services (AWS) Jenkins, GitHub, BitBucket, SQL Server, T-SQL (DML & DDL), Stored Procedures, Entity Framework, Web API, HTTP, Dependency Injection, Interception, Windows Server/IIS, Linux, PowerShell, bash, MSBuild/WebDeploy
- Experience working with a relevant source control management system such as Git and workflow management system such as Jira
- Hands-on experience working with containerization/virtualization, Cloud computing and the DevOps philosophy
- Experience working in healthcare, health insurance and/or another discipline utilizing electronic data interchange (EDI) formats a plus