BI Data Scientist
HQ, Lyndhurst, NJ
Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
Sapphire Digital is looking for a Data Scientist who will leverage huge sets of health care payer and related data to analyze the member experience across several dimensions to produce innovative solutions and optimize the delivery of our product offerings. In this role, the Data Scientist applies knowledge of statistics, data modeling, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and pose business questions.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Applying knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Working with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, and others to perform analysis and interpret data.
- Producing innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets.
- Working with a highly motivated team that is passionate about complex health care and related data.
- Supporting various stakeholders in translating health care and related data into actionable insights to improve program performance.
- Querying health care data (claims, provider, member, externally sourced) using complex SQL joins and statements.
- Presenting findings and data-driven recommendations to non-technical business partners and leadership.
- Learning and applying best practices to address several strategic initiatives simultaneously, make delivery commitments, and secure sponsorship with a high degree of professionalism and impact.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Strong health care data knowledge (medical claims data, clinical data, pharmacy data, and eligibility data) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or related field) and a minimum of 3 years work experience as a data scientist.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Outcomes Research, Actuarial Science, Social Science, or Data Science a plus!
- Strong technical skills to extract and analyze Big Data such as SQL and Hadoop
- Complete advanced statistical analysis using Python/R/SAS.
- Experience with version control software (Git preferred), agile development experience, and knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience working independently, contributing as a member of the team and result driven.
- Strong presentation skill to explain and present advanced statistical methods using non-technical language to key business stakeholder