Senior Product UX Designer
New York, NY
Join Sapphire Digital today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no companies better positioned to do this than Sapphire Digital and we’re looking for passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality, and availability of health care provider options. We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts – actionable data, digital tools, analytics, search algorithms and cash incentives, saving them meaningful dollars in the process. We deliver these capabilities to America’s health plans, an enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in health care.
Sapphire Digital is looking for a Senior Product UX Designer who will be responsible for executing against full stack of design skills to drive User Centered Design process across both CareSelect and SmartShopper responsive web and native mobile. Translate user research and insights garnered into UX flow and wireframes using DLS to complete shippable designs.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Qualitative Design Research: The Senior Designer is responsible for working with other design team members to perform various kinds of research. While familiarity with ethnography and other qualitative research methodologies is required. Converting research insights into actionable ideas with input from internal teams (Development, Product, Client teams). Organizing, performing and synthesizing qualitative research.
- Partnering with the Development team on the execution of the design work
- UX/UI Design: The Senior Designer is responsible for working with other design team members to execute UX/UI Design across the full spectrum of our platform (responsive/native). This includes logic flows, wireframes, conceptual designs, visual designs and design specs (when necessary).
- Prototyping & Testing: The Senior Designer is responsible for working with other design team members to conduct all prototyping and testing necessary to ensure we ship a usable product that meets user needs.
- Crafting artifacts (personas, UX flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, UI design and documentation) and executing finished shippable design work
You might be a good fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years of relevant experience with all modern forms of application design software: Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Strong knowledge and practice of Visual Design (e.g., Compositional Balance, Typography, Data Visualization, etc.)
- Must have familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research. The candidate must be able to independently contribute to the screening, executing and synthesizing of research.
- Has experience independently executing UX/UI design.
- Has worked in a product design capacity in the past and their work has shipped to live users.
- Experience working with development teams’ side-by-side through an agile process.
- Understands and has a passion for modern UX/UI design across channels, contexts and platforms.
- Code-based prototyping skills are a plus, but not required. • Strong foundational skills in both communication and presenting
- Located in the NYC-metro area or is willing to relocate on their own.